Each month, PSTA’s CEO puts together a summary of topics discussed at the Board of Directors meeting. Here is that report from the August 28th meeting:
PSTA Board Overwhelmingly Endorses Greenlight Pinellas Vision
- Continuing the recent progress in developing a comprehensive modern transit plan for Pinellas County, the PSTA Board voted 13-1 Wednesday to accept the Greenlight Pinellas Plan Vision.
- The Greenlight Pinellas Plan calls for new bus service, passenger rail, regional connections, and complementary transit-oriented land use.
- The Pinellas Board of County Commissioners are scheduled to consider approving the Greenlight Pinellas Plan and ballot language this December to prepare for a 1% transit sales tax referendum in November 2014.
Earnst & Young Infrastructure Advisors to Provide Greenlight Financial Analysis
- The PSTA Board approved contracts with E&Y as well as HNTB to complete a financial implementation plan to guide the Greenlight Pinellas Plan.
- Information from their review will be presented to PSTA and the Advisory Committee for Pinellas Transit in October.
Another Step Closer to a Unified Transit Fare Payment for the Tampa Bay
- The Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority (TBARTA) has joined with the Florida DOT, PSTA and other regional transit systems to support the effort to bring modern Smart Card technology to the region to knit the various transit systems fare payments together.
- An RFP for the innovative smart card technology will be issued this Fall.
Pinellas County Commissioner Welch to lead PSTA in 2014
- Pinellas County Commissioner Ken Welch, Board Chair
- Clearwater City Councilman Bill Jonson, Vice Chair
- Dunedin City Commissioner Julie Bujalski, Secretary/Treasurer
Chief Executive Officer
Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA)