Each month, PSTA’s CEO puts together a summary of topics discussed at the Board of Directors meeting. Here is that report from the June 26th meeting:
5 Different Ways PSTA’s FY2014 Invests in Your Community
The PSTA Board positively accepted my draft FY2014 Budget proposal today with 5 key initiatives:
- Invest Record Ridership-Driven Fare Revenues to replace our oldest fleet with new Hybrid-Electric buses.
- Maintain a balanced budget through FY2016 when the potential sales tax would replace property tax to support the system.
- Add Late-Night Hours, Holiday Hours, New Technology, and New Transit Facilities
- Maintain commitment to Greenlight Pinellas Outreach Process
- Invest responsibly in PSTA employees.
Saving Money on Diesel Fuel
In addition to PSTA’s commitment to reduce our fuel consumption through the use of hybrid-electric technology, PSTA can now save money on the fuel we do buy by expanding the ability to purchase off of diesel fuel futures contracts when prices are lower.
Greenlight Pinellas Wants You to Participate
- Please “Like” Greenlight Pinellas on Facebook
- Please Request A Speaker to Come Talk with Your Group
- Please Take a Look and Give Feedback to Our Transformed Bus System possible under this new revenue system.
- Please email us if you want to participate as a Greenlight Civic Leader or Business Leader.
Chief Executive Officer
Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA)