Each month, PSTA’s CEO puts together a summary of topics discussed at the Board of Directors meeting. Here is that report from the May 22nd meeting:
A Tampa Bay Region-Wide Smart Card On its Way!
- PSTA approved a region-wide agreement that will bring modern smart-card transit technology to the entire Tampa Bay region.
- An idea that emerged out of the recently completed PSTA-HART Consolidation Study, HART & PSTA worked with the surrounding transit systems in Pasco, Polk, Hernando, Manatee, Sarasota, and Citrus Counties to make this a true regional effort.
- Roll-out of a new Tampa Bay Smart Card should begin next year.
Transit Capital Plan
- PSTA got its first look at a proposed FY2014-FY2018 Capital Plan.
- More needed bus replacements are funded but still requiring deferred needed replacements.PSTA’s operating facility, and new transit centers in Pinellas Park and Largo are funded for construction this coming year.
Land Use Planning Key to Transit Investments
- For the first time in Pinellas history, a transit system is partnering with planning agencies like the Pinellas MPO, and Pinellas Planning Council to plan potential land use redevelopment options for proposed station areas.
- Hundreds of developers, city planners, businesses, and residents have participated in collaborative charettes to map out what their preferred future Pinellas County should be!
Chief Executive Officer
Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA)