Well, maybe not fame and fortune exactly, but you could win an iPad 2! Thank you so much the entries we’ve received for the photo contest, we’ve gotten some good ones.
We wanted to tell you what it will take to be a winning photo. Your photo should show how PSTA is important part of your life, and it would be better to actually show something that is PSTA (you know, like a bus or a stop, or something). Remember that you don’t have to actually ride the bus to be affected by public transit service; every person who drives a car is also benefiting from public transit.
Here’s a reminder about the “rules”… Please, keep those entries coming!
- Only take photos in public areas.
- Don’t take photos of people without their permission.
- Hand held equipment only, no tripods are permitted on buses.
- Photography must not interfere with passenger safety or movement at any time.
- Photos must be original content.
- Photos must be at least 200 DPI at 10 inches and in one of the following formats: JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, or BMP.
- Photos should not reference violence, sex, alcohol or drug use, or any other illegal activity in any way.
- All entries submitted can be used by PSTA in future marketing campaigns.
- A photo release form is required. Find it here.
- PSTA employees and their families are not eligible to enter.
Please submit your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to PSTA Community Photo Contest, 3201 Scherer Drive, St. Petersburg, FL 33716 (photos will not be returned). Please include name, address, phone, email and how often you ride.
All entries must be received by Janaury 15, 2012. Winners will be announced February 1, 2012.
Yes, there are prizes! The best photo (as judged by a panel of experts) will win an iPad 2. Second Place wins a $250 Visa Gift Card, and Third Place wins a $100 Visa Gift Card.